If an item is not available at any of our libraries, we will try to borrow the item you want from another library service.
Through our Inter-Library loans you can request anything from books, magazines to DVDs. Some items may not be available and we have no control over what other libraries are willing to lend to us.
1. SERVICE CONDITIONS
- You can borrow the item for our usual loan period (21 days). You may renew the item but that's at the discretion of the lending library, so please contact us before the due date.
- The library is unable to fulfill inter-library loan requests for recently published items. Please consider placing a purchase suggestion.
Check our Library Catalogue to confirm that the item is not held in our collection.
Sign in to your Library account using your library card number and PIN, and place the request online or in person at any of our Fairfield City Open Libraries location.
All Inter-Library loan requests incur a non-refundable charge of $2.00, payable at the time of making the request.
An additional minimum charge may apply for items held by University, TAFE and special libraries. A member of our Collections team will advise you in the event that this additional charge may apply.
A member of our Collections team will make the request on your behalf:
- Verify the details of the item.
- Identify libraries that hold the item and place a request to borrow the item on your behalf.
- Contact you if there are any problems with your request or if the item is not obtainable.
You will be notified when the item is awaiting collection. Requests for inter-library loans may take 2-4 weeks so please allow time for your item to arrive. You can borrow the item for our usual loan period (21 days) and you may also renew the item, but please contact us before the due date. In the case where an inter-library loan item is lost or damaged, you will have to pay the item cost and administration fee the owning library charges.