Council services and facilities update - COVID-19
Published on 27 June 2021
Following the NSW Government announcement on Saturday, 26 June 2021, and in accordance with the NSW Health Guidelines, Council is changing the way some services are being delivered and some services will be closed until 11:59pm on Friday, 9 July unless earlier amendments to the public health order are made.
Services to remain OPEN to the public
- Customer call centre – online or by phoning 9725 0222
- All Fairfield City Council run long day care centres and Fairstart services
- All waste management services – including rubbish and recycling collection and kerbside pick-up services
- Sustainability Resource Centre
- Parks and gardens
- Cleaning and maintenance services
Fairfield City Council Customer Service Centre will operate differently. All services are still available either online or by phoning 9725 0222
Services temporarily CLOSED to the public
- Fairfield City Open Libraries The digital collections are still available 24/7. You can sign up for free to join Fairfield City Open Libraries at fairfieldcityopenlibraries.spydus.com.
- Fairfield City Museum & Gallery
- Fairfield City Leisure Centres (including gyms). Arrangements are being made to run outdoor sessions in line with current restrictions. Members will be notified.
- Fairfield City Markets at Fairfield Showground
- Youth Centres (unless hirer is providing essential services)
- Community centres and halls (unless the hirer is providing essential services)
Fairfield City Mayor Frank Carbone said Council has acted to protect the health and wellbeing of residents. Council will ensure the retention of open services where possible however public health and safety is the priority.
“I know that the closure of some services will be disappointing to many residents, especially after all we have been through over the past 18 months, but we are putting the health and safety of our community first,” Mayor Carbone said.
“We will recommence these services as soon as it is safe to do so.
“The community is doing a great job at keeping the virus out of our City. Let’s keep up the good work and stay home; get tested; book your vaccination if you are eligible, and follow all the health guidelines, including keeping up to date with the list of venues issued by NSW Health and following guidelines if you have been to any of the venues at the listed times.
“We have extended the drive-through COVID testing at Fairfield Showground to be open 7 days from 9am to 5pm.
Follow Fairfield City Council on Facebook @fairfieldcity for all the latest updates on COVID-19 and Council services to the community.
Mayor of Fairfield City
GET TESTED – COVID DRIVE-THROUGH TESTING AT FAIRFIELD SHOWGROUND 7 DAYS A WEEK 9AM TO 5PM