Waste to Art category - Primary school class only (Years 3-6)
Recycled art is creative work made from discarded materials that once had another purpose. This includes anything from cardboard packaging to scraps of clothing and items found in our natural environment. Artists are encouraged to reclaim items which would have gone to waste to create something new.
Waste to Art – Repurposed Suburb Banners (secondary students and adults)
Give our banners a new life!
You may have seen our big colourful banners around the City promoting our wonderful events and programs. We want you to get creative and find what we can repurpose them into after their life as a banner is over!
Enter our new Capture Fairfield Waste to Art competition, where there are some great prizes for the most creative and practical entries.
Entries are open to secondary students and adults. We provide the material for you to use for your entry, please contact Communications and Marketing on 9725 0205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Secondary students must reside and/or attend a school located in the Fairfield Local Government Area.
• Adults must reside in the Fairfield Local Government Area.
• The artwork must be made from Fairfield City suburb banners which will be provided by Council on request.
• Suburb banners can be manipulated in any way to form a creative work or practical item.
WHO CAN ENTER?
- The entry is a combined effort by a class of Year 3-6 primary school students
- The primary school must be located in the Fairfield Local Government Area
HOW TO ENTER
Please read the entry conditions before submitting.
Enter for Waste to Art
Entry conditions - Waste to Art(PDF, 206KB)
Information for Teachers
NSW Government – Waste as art guide