Fairfield City Museum & Gallery now open
Published on 30 June 2020
The Fairfield City Museum & Gallery is now open to public visits with government COVID-19 safety protocols in place.
Visitor numbers will be capped, movement through spaces will be carefully managed and large group tours will not be permitted.
Fairfield City Mayor Frank Carbone said the wellbeing of staff and the community is Council’s top priority.
“The Fairfield City Museum & Gallery is more than just a place where you can visit to see art. It’s a place where you can learn all about our City’s history and culture in a fun and relaxed way,” Mayor Carbone said.
“I know that our staff are looking forward to welcoming the community back into the exhibition spaces again. We are confident that this can be done safely while observing all the necessary precautions.
“I thank everyone for their hard work in helping reduce the risk of COVID-19 in our community and for their patience as we reopen our services in stages.”
Staff are strictly following government regulations ensuring social distancing is adhered to and good hygiene is maintained.
All spaces will be signposted with maximum occupancy allowed in that area to ensure people are not gathering around exhibits in large numbers.
Living the Past education program
What you’re required to do
- Use the hand-sanitiser provided on arrival
- Provide your name and contact details on entry to support contact tracing
- Keep at least 1.5 metres distance from others at all times
- Wait in a marked queue or go elsewhere if a particular space has too many people
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and put the tissue in a bin
- Bring a filled water bottle (our kitchen facilities will not be open)
- Don’t visit if you’re unwell, or have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days.
The new trading hours are Tuesday - Friday 10am to 4pm.
Virtual tours of our current exhibitions SOLASTALGIA: Mawa Ngurra and Fairfield’s Finest Drop will still be available online at www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/FCMG.
For more information please call 9725 0190 or email FCMG@fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au.