Can I vary playback speed?
You can watch our stories at their normal speed or slow them down to 75% or 50% speed. To reduce the playback speed:
- Click or tap the 'cog' icon in the video player controls.
- Click or tap the clock icon in the menu.
- Click or tap on the speed you wish the video to play at (0.5, 0.75 or 1 times normal speed).
What is error code 232011 and how do I fix it?
If you see the error code 232011 when you're trying to play videos you can try one of the following suggestions:
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
- If you're accessing Story Box Library via a school network connection that uses any security/content filtering software (eg such as Zscaler) you might need to ask your IT team to whitelist the domains listed in this article.
- Try using an alternative browser, such as the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Opera.
- You might need to disable certain browser extensions/add-ons.
- If you're using a VPN or proxy server you might need to disable it.
What should I do if the videos I watch are slow or choppy?
If your video playback isn’t smooth, here are some things you can try:
- Pause any large downloads that are in progress while you're trying to watch videos.
- Close other browser tabs and windows. This can make a huge difference!
- Let the video buffer before you view it.
- Click or tap the 'cog' icon then the bar graph icon to select a lower video resolution (eg 480p or 240p).
- Make sure you have either the latest version of Flash running on your computer, or use a browser with native HTML5 support such as Chrome or Safari.
- Update your browser to the latest version.
- Restart your computer/device.
- Check your internet connection - if other videos (eg YouTube) are also choppy, you might need to speak with your IT technician or internet service provider.