Sportsfields are CLOSED
Decisions to open or close sportsfields on a weekend will be made no later than 3.30pm on a Friday afternoon. Sportsfields are closed only for safety reasons.
Fairfield City Council is lighting up sports fields across our City in a trial to allow residents to exercise during the early evening.
Council understands the need for residents to continue to be active while still observing important social distancing measures during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following fields will be lit between 4.45pm and 7.30pm every evening:
- Adams Park - Canley Vale Road, Canley Vale
- Bosnjak Park - Edensor Road, Edensor Park
The fields were chosen to offer even spread across the City for good local resident access; as well as good amenity, including toilets at some locations. These fields remain closed to group exercise or ball games as per Federal Government regulations.
Council will monitor activity at these parks to ensure residents continue to observe social distancing requirements. Council will be forced to end the trial if social distancing requirements are not met.
Council has closed and made changes to a number of its services in light of the Coronavirus pandemic. For a full list of changes, visit www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/coronavirus. We will continue to provide updates to the community as and when changes occur.
Due to COVID-19 and social distancing rules, Council is not currently taking bookings for event hire.
Council encourages residents to participate in outdoor activities.
Our sporting facilities can be hired seasonally (winter/summer) or for events. Larger events may require a Local Activity Application, which must be submitted at least six weeks before the event to allow for processing (application fee applies).
Before using Sportsfields
- Inspect the sportsfields/sporting facilities to ensure they are fit for play. Games/training should not go ahead if water is pooling, the play surface is wet underfoot, or debris is not cleared.
- Report if sharp objects (syringes) are found. Secure the site and contact Council on 9725 0222. Council will send a trained officer to safely dispose of these.
After using Sportsfields
- Report any hazards/vandalism/damage by calling Council's Customer Service Centre on 9725 0222.
Process before and after your season hire
- Complete the Sporting Facilities Checklist at the beginning and at the completion of your seasonal hire to help with scheduled maintenance inspections of the facility. Please email the completed check list to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maintenance of the Sportsfields
- Council carries out a comprehensive sportsfield renovation and maintenance program each year from September through to March. Renovation and maintenance work includes aeration, topdressing, weed spraying, fertilising and turfing.
This website advice is a primary source of information about the status of Council's Sportsfields. At other times call Council's Customer Service Centre on 9725 0222.