Access to Information

Applications for Access to Information

You can request access to Council records. There are different ways to access information.

  1. Self-searches
    You can search for documents via Council's portal.
  2. Requesting Council records 
    For information that is not readily available, you can submit a request online or at Council's administration centre.
  3. Open access information
    The Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act) states Council must disclose certain information, known as open access information (see below).
  4. Proactive release
    We proactively release information and aim to ensure we provide the public with as much information as possible.
  5. Obtaining property owner information
    You can apply for individual property ownership information from the NSW Land Registry Services.
  6. Agency Information Guide
    You can view our Information Guide here.

Open Access Information

Fairfield City Council Policies

You can view our Register for all Council policies.

Disclosure Log

Under the GIPA Act, our Disclosure Log is updated after access applications have been decided. The Disclosure Log provides details of information we have released that may be of interest to members of the public.

Contracts Awarded

You can view our Contracts Register to see a list of contracts valued at or worth more than $150,000.

Planning and Development

Visit the Planning and Building page to see whether you can find the information you are seeking. 

The DA Tracker allows you to see Development Applications that have been submitted in the last month.

Development Applications made before 1 July 2010 are not deemed as open access information and therefore require a formal access application.

Land, Leases and Licences

Download our Register for uses of public land classified as community land.

Plans of Management

You can view the Plans of Management for City parks.

Reports about what we do

You can view our Annual Report and Integrated Planning and Reporting section to see what Council does.