Pay Rates and Request Certificates


Rates and Charges notices are issued in July each year and are payable in four instalments:

31 August | 30 November | 28 February | 31 May

Pay Online

Pay your rates or invoice online (using Mastercard or Visa). Click on above blue buttons (takes you to external BPoint website). You can also pay via BPAY (Biller Code: 8912. Ref: 6 digit number on your rate notice adjacent to the BPAY symbol) and Direct Debit (Applications should be posted to: Fairfield City Council, Rating Services Department, PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860). 

Pay by Phone

Please call 1300 769 725 to make payments using Visa or MasterCard. NOTE: Payment via credit card will attract a 0.75% payment processing fee.

Pay by Mail

Fill in the credit card details on the bottom of your rates notice or send a cheque (with rates notice) to PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860. If a receipt is not required, return the deposit slip only with your payment.

Pay through Centrelink-Centrepay

To pay your rates directly from your Centrelink benefit please visit Centrelink website

Other Online Services

Get Your Rates Notice via Email

Change Your Postal Address

Change Your Name

Common Forms and Fact Sheets

Rates Calculator

Pay in Person at:

Council's Customer Service Centre at 86 Avoca Road, Wakeley, between 8.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday (excluding holidays). Payment can be made by cash, cheque, debit card (EFTPOS) or credit card (Visa and MasterCard). 

Australia Post
Take your rate notice to any Australia Post outlet. Payment can be made by cash or cheque, or EFTPOS.  

Commonwealth Bank

You do not need to have a bank account. Take your rate notice to any branch of the Commonwealth Bank. Payment can be made by cash or cheque. 

Hardship Assistance

Ratepayers experiencing genuine financial hardship paying their rates and charges are offered help through negotiated Repayment Plans. Help will be given only to residential ratepayers who use the subject property as their principal place of residence.

Ratepayers seeking assistance under the Hardship Assistance Policy will be required to complete an application form and provide evidence in support of their application.