The Crescent Streetscape Upgrade
Council recently upgraded the open space along The Crescent to restore the significant cultural monuments that were built at the site, including the Stimson Memorial drinking fountain built in 1935 and the Fairfield International Monument built in 1974 and relocated to its current spot in 1990.
As part of the work, The LJ Clock Tower erected in 1958, has been removed for restoration and will be returned to its spot once the work is completed.
This space was set aside many years ago to recognise the many immigrant groups and people who have contributed to our community. With the upgrade, we will be able to continue to recognise this history for many generations to come.
The open space at The Crescent, Fairfield was officially opened on Saturday 27 May 2023.
For further information, please visit Fairfield International Monument | Monument Australia