Join our Library
Become a Member
Becoming a Member of our libraries is free to everyone. You can join at any branch by presenting proof of your identity (including name and current address). There is no minimum age for joining, but those under the age of 16 years require a parent/ legal guardian to be present when joining the library. The parent/ legal guardian will need to provide:
- Adult identification and proof of current address.
- Proof of relationship using the child/young person's medicare card, healthcare card or birth certificate.
Visitors and non-permanent residents can join the library on a temporary basis by registering and showing one form of identification. Membership expires after 6 months.
Organisations such as nursing homes located in Fairfield City may join the library. A letter of introduction from the manager of the institution on letterhead is required.
Conditions of Membership
- To borrow items you must present your library membership card. Please report lost cards to the library immediately. To get a new card, bring identification to your local library. A replacement card fee of $5 applies.
- Borrow up to 40 items per membership for up to 6 weeks per item (extension during COVID-19 pandemic)
- Items can be renewed twice. If a reservation has been placed on an item you have on loan, a renewal is not permitted.
- Fees of $0.20 per day per item apply to overdue items.
- Temporary members can borrow 4 items over a three week period, and use the Library's facilities and services including digital resources. Unconfirmed address members can borrow 2 items over a three week period, and use the Library's facilities and services including digital resources.
- If you change your address or name please notify us immediately.
- If you've found a problem with any borrowed item please notify us immediately.
- If you've lost an item, or have received a lost notice for an item that is more than 30 days overdue and you cannot return it, please contact any of our libraries to discuss your options.
Digital Library Membership
Join the library online and gain immediate access to our Digital Library. You must be 16 years or over to join online.
You will need to bring a form of identification when you come into one of our branches to collect your library card to use onsite resources and services.
Click the button below to accept these conditions and proceed to the registration form.