The Horsley Park Showground is a great place for people to gather, celebrate and have fun.
Things that you can do include:
- A theatrical, musical or other entertainment as part of a celebration for the public on community land.
- Construct a temporary enclosure for the purpose of entertainment.
- Play a musical instrument or sing on community land for fee or reward.
- Set up, operate or use a loudspeaker or sound amplifying device on community land.
- Deliver a public address or hold a religious service or a public meeting on community land.
If you are thinking of planning any of these activities in our parks or open spaces you will need to:
Step 1. Check that the venue is available by contacting Council's Customer Service Team on 02 9725 0222.
- Council's Facilities Team will contact you about availability of the park and any terms and conditions
- To secure the park or open space, a tentative booking will be made pending the local activity approval (see Step 2)
- Once your approval is obtained, a booking fee and refundable bond (pending satisfactory condition inspection) will apply.
Step 2. Obtain a Local Activity Approval depending upon what you want to do, so you should plan well ahead.
- Make sure to you lodge your application no less than 6 to 8 weeks before your event.
- Section 68 of the Local Government Act 1993 specifies a wide range of activities where approvals are required to be obtained from Council that include those listed above.
- Council is the only authority that can issue section 68 approvals.
How to lodge an application online
All applications are lodged electronically through the NSW Planning Portal by using your personal computer at work or at home.
Council has a self-serve kiosk at the Administration Centre and at branch libraries that you are able to use.
Council staff at the Administration Centre are available to assist you with the process of submitting your application.
To lodge your application, follow these steps:
Step 1. Register for a NSW Planning Portal account to start your application.
To help you, refer to this guide.
Step 2. Log in to complete the online application form.
If you are having difficulty using the Service, please contact the ePlanning support team at email@example.com
- You may be required to submit further documents to support your application.
- If your application is incomplete, you will receive details from Council’s assessment officer regarding additional information required.
- Once your application is complete and accepted for lodgement on the NSW Planning portal, Council will contact you for payment of fees.
- Your application will not be considered as lodged until the application fees have been paid.