Household Waste Collection
Household garbage bin collection
Every household in the Fairfield City Council area is provided with a dark green garbage bin with either a green or red lid. Some unit blocks may share large green bins which are stored in your bin room.
Your garbage bins are collected each week on the same day. Some unit blocks may have more than one collection per week.
To find out what day your garbage bin is collected, please contact Council on 9725 0222.
How to use your Garbage bin
- Put the bin out on the kerbside the night before your collection day
- Keep the bin clear of obstructions such as parked cars, trees and signposts
- Ensure the lid is closed and opens facing the road
- Do not overfill your bin or place waste next to your bin as it will not be collected
- Leave a one metre gap between all bins
- Put your bin away as soon as possible after it has been emptied to avoid theft and vandalism
What CAN go into your Garbage bin
- Food scraps
- Food wrappers
- Plastic packaging
- Plastic bags
- Polystyrene and foam
- Broken household items
- Grass clippings
- Garden waste
What CANNOT go into your Garbage bin
- NO building waste
- NO asbestos
- NO car parts
- NO oil
- NO batteries
- NO syringes/needles
- NO chemicals
- NO paint
- NO medicines or medical waste
- NO hot ashes
- NO gas bottles
Please don’t put recyclable items in your garbage bin. Put them into your recycling bin. See Recycling for details.
Broken or stolen bins
If your garbage bin is broken or stolen please click on the below link or call Council on 9725 0222.