Council and Inclusion
Council is committed to continuous improvement practices to ensure inclusiveness, accessibility and opportunities for people with disability through: wellbeing programs, improving accessible infrastructure, action plan and policy that support the fundamental rights for people with disability in all aspects of life in our city.
Disability Inclusion Action Plan 2017
Fairfield City Council’s Disability Inclusion Action provides comprehensive details of how Council will ensure our City remains an inclusive and accessible place for everyone.
It meets the requirements of the NSW Government’s Disability Inclusion Act 2014, covering four key focus areas:
- Encouraging positive community attitudes and behaviours.
- Creating liveable communities.
- Supporting access to meaningful employment.
- Improving access to services through better systems and processes.
- Local disability service provision has changed since the rolling over of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in Western Sydney.
- While there are still many Disability Services in the area listed in the Disability Services Directory, some are no longer available. There are also many new services available.
- For more information about Disability Services for people with permanent and significant disability visit the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) website.
- For more information about Disability Services and programs for people with a disability not eligible for NDIS, visit Ability Links website.
- For general information about disability issues, programs and events visit the South West Sydney Ageing and Disability Support Services website.
NSW Department of Family and Community Services – Ageing, Disability and Home Care
National Disability Insurance Scheme – Federal Government Website
Multilingual Disability Hub – Information on disability and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in your language.