Sports Fields Light Up For Fitness
Published on 30 June 2021
Fairfield City Council is lighting up sports fields across our City to allow residents to exercise during the early evening.
Council understands the need for residents to continue to be active while still observing important social distancing measures during the current COVID-19 stay-at-home order.
The following 18 fields will be lit until 8pm every evening:
• Fairfield Park - Vine Street, Fairfield
• Adams Park - Canley Vale Road, Canley Vale
• Brenan Park - Brenan Street, Smithfield
• Horsley Park Reserve - The Horsley Drive, Horsley Park
• Allambie Park - Belfield Road, Edensor Park
• Stockdale Park - Stockdale Crescent, Abbotsbury
• Emerson Park - Mansfield Street, Wetherill Park
• Rosford Park - Dublin Street, Smithfield
• Chisholm Park - St Johns Road, Cabramatta West
• St Johns Park - Edensor Road, St Johns Park
• Terone Park - Restwell Road, Bossley Park
• Bosnjak Park - Edensor Road, Edensor Park
• Endeavour Sports Park - Maud St, Fairfield West
• Makepeace Oval – Lawson St, Fairfield
• Prospect View Park – Reserve St, Smithfield
• Smithfield Park – The Horsley Dr, Smithfield
• Springfield Park – The Promenade, Fairfield East
• King Park – Humphries Rd, Wakeley
The fields were chosen to offer an even spread across the City for good local resident access; as well as good amenity, including toilets at some locations.
The lights will allow residents to walk, jog or exercise more safely into the early evening.
Fairfield City Mayor Frank Carbone said it is important for residents to continue to exercise to maintain physical and mental health while observing social distancing measures.
“Our community will do a wonderful job, as they have before, in staying at home and limiting their travel to essentials only,” Mayor Carbone said.
“Walking and exercise are important ways for residents to maintain their physical and mental health. It’s something we can do with the family and we are fortunate to have some great walking paths and sports fields in our city.
“We want to give you extra time to spend getting your daily exercise by turning on the lights at some of our sports fields. This will give you extra light and ensure that everybody can enjoy the benefits of exercise.
“Walking around one of these fields three times is about 1km and is a great way to stay fit and healthy.”
Council has closed and made changes to a number of its services in light of the latest stay at home orders. For a full list of changes, visit www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/coronavirus. We will continue to provide updates to the community as and when changes occur.