Here you will find recycling locations and more information on our Sustainable Resource Centre.
Our recycling centres will accept some materials which you cannot put in your home recycling bin. See details below for which materials each centre does and does not accept.
For more information about how to dispose of common household items, please see Is it Garbage or Recycling? which includes an A to Z Recycling and Waste Guide at the bottom of the page.
Recycling Drop Off Centre
Corner of Davis and Widemere roads, Wetherill Park
Hours of Operation
Saturdays from 8am to 3:30pm, excluding public holidays
Due to traffic hazards, there is no right turn from Widemere Road (north bound) into the Recycling Drop Off Centre. Please follow the signs.
No trucks or tilt tray utes are permitted. This is a hand unload only centre.
Please note, this centre is for Fairfield City Council residents only. Proof of residency is required upon entry.
Items accepted FREE of charge:
- Car batteries
- Electronic waste including televisions, computers, printers, hi-fi equipment, mobile phones, electrical cables, power tools, kitchen and bathroom appliances
- Gas cylinders (maximum 9kg bottles)
- Metal items including washing machines, dryers, fridges, freezers, car parts and pipes
- Motor oil (up to 20 litres)
- Recycling including plastic bottles and containers, glass bottles and jars, steel cans, aluminium cans, paper and cardboard
Items accepted FOR A FEE:
- Garden waste including grass clippings, prunings, branches, thorny materials, succulents and palms
Minimum charge of $5 per car and $10 per trailer to be assessed on site.
Items NOT ACCEPTED:
- NO garbage
- NO building materials
- NO chemicals
- NO paint
For more information please call Council on 9725 0222.
Other Recycling Locations
Sustainable Resource Centre
Corner of Hassall Street and Widemere Road, Wetherill Park
Hours of Operation
Opening Hours: Monday - Saturday 6am
No Hand Unload Monday - Friday
Closing Hours: Monday - Friday
Last Truck in: 3.45pm
Closing Hours: Saturday
Hand Unload: 11:30am (Hand Unload Saturday mornings only)
Last Truck: 11.45am
Telephone: 02 9725 0750
Fax: 9757 4632
- Terracotta roof tiles
- Clay bricks
- Clean concrete (with or without steel), and
- Asphalt - ripped and profiled.
We accept from small customers with box trailers (Saturday mornings only), to large civil construction companies and councils.
Materials NOT Accepted:
- Asbestos contaminated material
- Coal tar
- Household waste
- Green waste
- Fibro and Compressed Fibro
- Compressed Paper
- Other Compressed Materials
- Ceramic Tiles
- Clay and Soil
- Paper, Wood and Glass
Products Available for Purchase:
- R2 Sub-base- DGB 20(Concrete Roadbase)
- Bedding sand (<8mm)
- 10mm drainage aggregate
- 20mm drainage aggregate
- 20mm crushed asphalt
- 20mm recycled roadbase (asphalt)
- Top soil
We also sell cement stabilised products with various percentages of cement through our Pug Mill. Please contact us on 9725 0750 for prices and availability
Tipping fees range from $6.60 a tonne to $13.20 a tonne depending on the materials.
Hand unload fees are $30 a tonne with minimum charge of $30.
Delivery services are available Tue-Thurs. (Delivery fee range will depend on location and kilometres.)
Sustainable Resource Centre operates under an Environmental Licence (No. 5713). In accordance with section 153A and 66(6) of the Protection of the Environment Operations Act (1997), the Sustainable Resource Centre has prepared its Pollution Incident Response Management Plan (PIRMP)(PDF, 561KB).
Pollution Monitoring Data