The 2016-2026 Fairfield City Plan is Community's Strategic Plan, which has been prepared by Council through a series of community consultations. This Plan sets out the community's vision, priorities and goals for next 10 years and is identified under the following five themes:
Theme 1 - Community Wellbeing
Theme 2 - Places and Infrastructure
Theme 3 - Environmental Sustainability
Theme 4 - Local Economy and Employment
Theme 5 - Good Governance and Leadership
2016-2026 Fairfield City Plan(PDF, 18MB)
In developing the City Plan, Council engaged the community in 2010 and again in 2012 to get them to share their ideas about what they wanted to see in the future, and the Plan includes a summary of that feedback in “The Top 10 Things We Would Like to See in Fairfield City by 2022” (Priorities).
In order to demonstrate to the community that we recognised their priorities, and to clearly identify what has been done over the past four years Council has developed an ‘Issue Paper’ on each of the ‘Top 10 Priorities’ identified in the City Plan. These Issue Papers outline the priority, identify key stakeholders and what has changed or been implemented by stakeholders over the past four years for each priority area.
01.Fairfield City Plan 2012-2022 - Top 10 Priorities - Issue Paper - Priority 1 Improved Community Safety(PDF, 606KB)
02. Fairfield City Plan 2012-2022 - Top 10 Priorities - Issue Paper - Priority 2 A Clean and Attractive Place(PDF, 586KB)
03. Fairfield City Plan 2012-2022 - Top 10 Priorities - Issue Paper - Priority 3 Better Health Services(PDF, 603KB)
04. Fairfield City Plan 2012-2022 - Top 10 Priorities - Issue Paper - Priority 4 Less Rubbish Dumping(PDF, 647KB)
05. Fairfield City Plan 2012-2022 - Top 10 Priorities - Issue Paper - Priority 5 Cleaner Environment(PDF, 690KB)
06. Fairfield City Plan 2012-2022 - Top 10 Priorities - Issue Paper - Priority 6 Improved Roads(PDF, 883KB)
07. Fairfield City Plan 2012-2022 - Top 10 Priorities - Issue Paper - Priority 7 Better Public Transport(PDF, 587KB)
08. Fairfield City Plan 2012-2022 - Top 10 Priorities - Issue Paper - Priority 8 Access to Schools, Universities and TAFE(PDF, 761KB)
09. Fairfield City Plan 2012-2022 - Top 10 Priorities - Issue Paper - Priority 9 More Parking(PDF, 761KB)
10. Fairfield City Plan 2012-2022 - Top 10 Priorities - Issue Paper - Priority 10 More Acitvities for Children and Youth(PDF, 780KB)
Council is required to prepare and implement a Community Engagement Strategy to assist in the review and development of the Fairfield City Plan (Community Strategic Plan).
The Community Engagement Strategy outlines the principles, guidelines and actions Council will undertake in order to ensure the community's long-term goals and priorities for the City are defined in the Fairfield City Plan.
2020 Community Engagement Strategy (PDF, 24MB)
The Operational Plan is a one-year plan that is developed each year to provide the detail of the services, projects and programs identified for that year in the Delivery Program.
The 2020-2021 Operational Plan is the fourth year of the 2017/18-2020/21 Delivery Program, which is developed to provide the detailed information about Council’s projects, services and major programs planned for that financial year.
Given current special circumstances and the impacts associated with it, the 2020-2021 Operational Plan is expected to be published to the community by mid-July 2020.
2019-2020 Operational Plan(PDF, 22MB)
2020-2021 Pricing Policy Fees and Charges(PDF, 647KB)
The Delivery Program is a high-level plan that sets out the projects, programs and services Council has committed to deliver during its term of office, which works towards achieving the community’s needs and priorities identified in the Fairfield City Plan.
2017/18-2020/21 Delivery Program (PDF, 7MB)
The Resourcing Strategy identifies how many resources (such as money, assets and people) Council has to deliver on the needs and priorities of its community.
The Resourcing Strategy includes three documents:
- Long Term Financial Plan (Money)
- Asset Management Policy, Strategy and Plans (Assets)
- Workforce Management Plan (People)
This is our Long Term Financial Plan towards a long-term goal for Council to be financially sustainable.
It is a decision-making tool that looks at and addresses financial issues faced by Council, such as opportunities for future income, areas where we may need to spend more money (such as assets), while ensuring we are financially sustainable into the future in order to continue to work towards achieving the needs and priorities of the community.
2017/18 - 2026/27 Long Term Financial Plan(PDF, 17MB)
The Asset Management Policy and Strategy provides an overview of how we will maintain our assets and what it will cost us over time to do this. It also looks at ways that we can better manage our assets and at what level we have committed to maintaining them.
Each different type of asset has its own plan to identify the service levels required and to prioritise the works that are required for each of these areas to maintain the assets at the correct level.
2017/18 - 2026/27 Asset Management Strategy and Policy(PDF, 1MB)
The above strategy has been broken down into the following documents:
Asset Management Plan, Buildings and Facilities(PDF, 915KB)
Asset Management Plan, Drainage(PDF, 455KB)
Asset Management Plan, Parks and Open Space(PDF, 1MB)
Asset Management Plan, Roads and Transport(PDF, 646KB)
Our Workforce Management Plan identifies potential skills shortages in the future and its affects on Council.
It provides strategies that work towards retaining staff, developing leaders, skilling managers and making Council an employer of choice and ensures we have the right skills and people in place to deliver on the commitments made in the Delivery Program.
2017/18-2020/21 Workforce Management Plan(PDF, 17MB)