Recycling Bin Collection
Household Recycling Bin Collection
Every household in the Fairfield City Council area is provided with a light green recycling bin with a yellow lid. Some unit blocks may share recycling bins which are stored in your bin room.
Your recycling bins are collected every two weeks on the same day as your garbage bin. Some unit blocks may get their recycling bins emptied every week.
To find out which day your recycling bin is collected follow the link below or contact Council on 9725 0222.
WHEN IS MY RECYCLING BIN COLLECTED?
Recycling Bin Inspections
Council undertakes regular inspections of recycling bins. Any recycling bin that is found to contain contaminants such as garbage, food scraps, plastic bags, garden waste or building waste will not be collected.
How to use your Recycling Bin
- Remove food and liquids before you put bottles and containers in your recycling bin.
- Remove recycling from plastic bags and put the plastic bag in your garbage bin.
- Squash plastic bottles and crush cardboard boxes so they take up less room in your recycling bin.
- Put the bin out on the kerbside the night before your collection day.
- Keep the bin clear of obstructions such as parked cars, trees and signposts.
- Ensure the lid is closed and opens facing the road.
- Do not overfill your bin or place waste next to your bin as it will not be collected.
- Leave a one metre gap between all bins.
- Put your bin away as soon as possible after it has been emptied to avoid theft and vandalism.
Does it go in the Recycling Bin?
Knowing what to put in your recycling bin can be confusing! That's why we made a guide telling you exactly what goes into each bin. It includes information in Arabic, Assyrian, Chinese, Khmer and Vietnamese. Follow the link below to read the guide:
IS IT GARBAGE OR RECYCLING?
Broken or stolen bins?
If your recycling bin is broken or stolen please click on the link below or call Council on 9725 0222. You will need to tell the Customer Service Officer your address.
If the bin is broken you will be asked to identify which part of the bin requires repair, i.e. lid, wheels or bin body.
WASTE REQUEST FORM