Fairfield Local Planning Panel (FLPP)
The Fairfield Local Planning Panel, known as an FLPP, is a panel of three independent expert members and a community member who assess and determine development applications made to Council.
In August 2017, the State Government introduced changes to the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, 1979 making FLPP mandatory for all Council’s in Sydney and Wollongong, in order to determine development applications on behalf of Council. The criteria for development applications that are referred to the FLPP has been set by the Minister for Planning.
Any of the following Development Applications are referred to FLPP for determination:
• Development where the applicant or land owner is the Council, a Councillor, a member of staff principally involved in the exercise of Council’s functions under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, a member of Parliament or a relative of a person referred to above ;
• DA’s receiving 10 or more unique submissions ;
• DA’s accompanied by a Voluntary Planning Agreement;
• DA’s seeking greater than 10% departure from a development standard;
• DA’s comprising the following development;
- development where SEPP 65 applies and is four (4) storeys or more;
- demolition of a heritage item;
- development for new licensed premises, sex industry or restricted premises; and
- designated developments.
Modification Applications that meet the above criteria will also be determined by the FLPP.
The function of Fairfield City Council’s Fairfield Local Planning Panel is to determine Development Applications in accordance with the specified development criteria as set by the Minister for Planning and to advise on planning proposals. The purpose of the FLPP is to ensure transparency, integrity and accountability in the development assessment process and to facilitate community engagement, providing an independent hearing forum for members of the public, objectors and applicants to present their views and discuss concerns with regards to a development.
FLPP meetings will be held on a monthly basis as required, at Councils Administration Centre, 86 Avoca Road, Wakeley. Should you require additional information, please contact Council’s Customer Service team on 9725-0222.
• The Honourable Carl Scully
• Mary-Lynne Taylor - Alternate
• Charles Hill - Alternate
• Mary-Lynne Taylor - Primary
• Charles Hill - Primary
• Steve Kennedy - Alternate
• John Travers - Alternate
• Matthew Taylor - Alternate
• Steve Pearse - Alternate
• Kim Crestani - Alternate
• Steve Fermio - Alternate
• Bob Meyer - Alternate
• Richard Thorp - Alternate
• Shaun Carter - Alternate
• Toni Lord (Cabravale, Fairfield & Parks ward)
• James Newell (Cabravale, Fairfield & Parks ward)
• Lawrence White (Cabravale, Fairfield & Parks ward)