If you need help now
- For an emergency, call the emergency number Triple Zero 000, to be connected to Police, Fire or Ambulance services.
- If you think a child or young person is at risk of harm from abuse or neglect, contact the Child Protection Helpline on 132 111
- For private and confidential telephone counselling for people aged 5 to 25 years, contact the Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800
Report to Council
If you are concerned about the conduct of Council (including a volunteer or contractor) towards a child or young person please contact Council’s Public Officer, Amanda Bray on (02) 9725 0222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council’s Public Officer has been appointed as the Child Protection Officer to:
- Provide ongoing support and resources to concerns about the safety and wellbeing of children while engaged in services, programs or events delivered by Council
- Ensure appropriate notification to the NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian when an allegation (of which they are aware) of child abuse is made against a Council Official.
If you speak a language other than English, call the Translation and Interpretive Services (TIS) on 131 450.
If you have a hearing or speech impairment, you can call us through the National Relay Service (NRS) on 133 677.