Changes to Council Ward boundaries
Published Wednesday, 21st August 2019
Fairfield City Council resolved at its 26 March 2019 meeting to reduce the number of Council wards from 3 to 2, with the ward names to be Parks and Fairfield/Cabravale.
The total number of councillors will not be reduced. There will be 6 councillors per ward plus the popularly-elected Mayor.
A copy of the report to Council and the Council resolution can be viewed on the Council’s website.
Council has consulted with the Australian Electoral Commission in accordance with the Local Government Act, and they have approved the ward boundary changes to be placed on exhibition for community feedback.
The ward boundary map (attached) will be on public exhibition from 21 August to 18 September 2019. Submissions will be accepted until 4.30pm on 2 October 2019. You can view the map:
- in Fairfield local newspapers’ public notices
- on Council’s website – https://www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/wardboundaries
- in hard copy at Council’s Administration Centre, 86 Avoca Road Wakeley and at any of Council’s libraries at Bonnyrigg, Cabramatta, Fairfield, Wetherill Park and Smithfield.
The community is invited to have their say on the proposed new ward boundaries via:
- online – www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/wardboundaries
- email – email@example.com
- mail – PO Box 21 Fairfield 1860
Submissions should be addressed as:
Fairfield City Council
Following the consultation period, a further report will go to Council and the decision on ward boundaries will be published in public notices of local newspapers.