Lunar New Year in Cabramatta
Published Thursday, 11th February 2016
The full event program for Council’s Lunar New Year event in Cabramatta has been released and will thrill the thousands of visitors keen to experience this authentic celebration this weekend.
The Lunar New Year event runs on Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 February at Freedom Plaza, Cabramatta.
Welcome in the Year of the Monkey with Curious George, the world’s favourite monkey, the Feathered Friends free flight bird show and interactive rainforest display, opportunities to meet the God of Fortune, Lion Dances and traditional music and dance.
- Performances by Dauntless Movement Crew, stunt enthusiasts
- Feathered Friends free flight bird show
- Curious George Adventure Show and meet and greet
- Performances by hip hop dance crew The Pioneers
- Food competitions including one handed prawn peeling and children’s chopstick challenge hosted by Cabramatta Bowls
- Shaolin Kung Fu Meditation temple contortionists
- Fashion Parades
- Traditional music and Dance
- Meet the God of Fortune
- Gold wishing tree
- Authentic food and dining options
Cabramatta, Canley Vale and Canley Heights are the South East Asian heart of Sydney and visitors can indulge in an authentic dining experience year round. There are hundreds of restaurants as well as grocers and specialty stores waiting to be discovered.