2020 Bring It On! Festival cancelled

Published Friday, 13th March 2020

Bring It On! logo
Bring It On! logo

Fairfield City Council has chosen to put the health and safety of the community first and made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Bring It On! Festival.

Earlier this afternoon, Prime Minister Scott Morrison advised the cancellation of all organised non-essential gatherings of more than 500 people.

The Festival was due to be held on Saturday, 4 April 2020 at Fairfield Showground.

Fairfield City Mayor Frank Carbone said cancelling this year’s Bring It On! was the right decision to make, putting the wellbeing of the community first.

“I understand that many will be disappointed that Bring It On! will not go ahead this year. However, we feel that the risk to public health is too great,” Mayor Carbone said.

“We will continue to monitor and follow the advice of the relevant health authorities when making decisions affecting Council’s events and services to the community.”